1756-L82E PLC tags values backup

doomsword

We have 1756-L82E PLCs here and now we have issues with one PLC having a lot of used program memory, which bothers the client, and wants us to reduce memory usage.
We have some parts of software which is executed only once, at startup, basically used to initialize constants, PID regulation parameters, recipes etc.
So my bosses have idea that we can delete this part since this PLC apparently backups working memory (values of tags), everything is retentive and nothing should be lost at powerdown.

So are they correct about this? Can I simply delete this part, since all these various constants are saved when powered down?

Similar Topics

We upgraded a machine which had 1756-L62 Ver 15 to 1756-L82E running version 32. Every once in a while the processor faults with Type 01 Code 61...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, seems that our HMIs are making too many CIP connections to PLCs (application connections) and we reach 256 max limit. After that no...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two quick questions: 1- Could I use 1756-IA16/A with TTL inputs? Sourcing (PNP)? Sinking (NPN)? Either one? 2- What does /A in the part...
Replies
Views
Hi all, installed on chassis A17 an A/I from Allen-Bradley , problem is what ever I do , all channels are sticked on value 39.9 and cannot change...
Replies
Views
Hi, Is it possible to for an RIO with Flex 5000 series module, e.g. 5094-AEN2TR, to communicate with an 1756-L72E processor.
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom