Opto22 PAC Display Configurator Pro - Alarm Import

Saulo35

I’m finishing up a PAC project and one of the the last things I need to take care of is setting up all of my alarm points in PAC Display Configurator Pro 10.2d Build 0040 (December 19th, 2019).

To that end, I set up the first few by hand in PAC Display Configurator and then exported them to a *.ADL file. I then opened this file as a *.CSV and went to work adding more alarm points. (Almost) all of my points correspond to indices in Numeric Tables in my Strategy, so it seemed like a simple matter of adjusting table indices in the *.ADL / *.CSV file.

I was able to add all of my alarm points to this *.CSV without too much fuss (and in much less time), and I saved it as both a *.CSV and as a *.ADL file for re-import.

The trouble comes in when I try to perform the import.

I get the following error: “No such control engine in project”. When I click OK, I get: “Error Reading Alarm Point HiHi Tag”. After clicking OK again, I get: “Alarm Point Import Failed”. I click OK and I go back to “No such control engine in project”, entering an infinite loop. Only way out is via Task Manager.

Support took a look at my Strategy, Project and *.ADL import file. They corrected the Z (Enabled), AM (Enabled), CF (HiHi Tag) and CZ (Hi Tag) columns and sent the *.ADL file back to me.

It imported successfully. However, the new alarms don’t work. The reason appears to be because the “Item Name” field is changed to “PAC Sim” (the controller name) and the “Field” field (Field Type) is changed to “# of Errors”. This happens when I save the project.

When I create a similar alarm point “by hand”, this change does not happen. It appears to happen with the imported alarms only.

Has anybody else experienced these problems?

Thank you,