Creating a gui application for any plc

omerdf

Hello,

I'm using a DELTA PLC and it is connected to the PC over ethernet (MODBUS TCP).
I want to create a GUI application over windows ( not a web browser) - i have 100 digital input points and 50 digital output poins , i also have 10 analog input points.

the GUI application should have an installer and can be installed on any PC that be able to connect to that DELTA PLC.

Do you have any kind of program that i can create that specific kind of GUI?

im using Ladder Diagram to program the PLC , so i just need a gui program that is able to read / write to the plc after it is programmed by the ladder diagram.

thanks in advance.

+1 vote for Advanced HMI. It's based on VB, and when compiled is a standard installer executable that works on most Windows PCs. Communications drivers are compiled into the project.

Perhaps you need to clarify what you mean by "make an application". Most of us are interpreting that to mean create an interface for a specific project at a specific location, enabling operators to view and archive data. If that is what you mean then yes, you can make an application with AdvancedHMI.

If by "application" you mean your own software package that you can sell and can be used by others to create an interface for their own projects with their own graphics and data, then the answer is no.

Yeh you can definitely make an gui using python. It is very simple
I made my own scada application that can communicate using modbus tcp/ip and modbus ascii as well
And i too used delta plc with ethernet port
There are packages in python which can be used for communication with delta plc like pymodbus, pymodbustcp
And for gui application there is a package called tkinter in this you can create beautiful gui application depending on your needs

For AdvancedHMI when you compile it the normal method is to "Rebuild" the application , then run the AdvancedHMI.exe in the Debug folder.

There is also the option in Visual Studio to "Publish" the project - but it is bug prone and difficult to do and suggested in the AHMI forum to not use this.

Another option is when the project is ready .ZIP it into a self extracting .EXE file that will unzip it, and have instructions on how to copy a shortcut to the AdvancedHMI.EXE program to the desktop and start menu.

Hi omerdf,

If you are familiar with VB6/VBA, VB.Net, C# etc you can just use visual studio to create a windows app which has good GUI functionality and there are plenty of modbus examples using winsock or libraries you can use.