GE Fanuc 90-70 Programming port communication

sranjeit

Is it required to use Rs-485 to Rs-232 convertor to connect ME or OPC server to GE fanuc PLCs programming port ( 15 pin, RS-485) ?

Is it possible to communicate to PLC on 15 pin programming port using MOXA's RS-485 to Ethernet converter ?

Regards,

Ranjit Singh

1.Is it required to use Rs-485 to Rs-232 convertor to connect ME or OPC server to GE fanuc PLCs programming port ( 15 pin, RS-485) ?

2. Is it possible to communicate to PLC on 15 pin programming port using MOXA's RS-485 to Ethernet converter ?

Regards,

Ranjit Singh

1. Only if the ME or OPC end has an RS-232 port.
2. Maybe, you should verify with MOXA that it is compatible with the GE SNP protocol, specifically what happens if the MOXA sees a "Break" command which is what typically is used to 'wake up' an SNP communication.