Create a Siemens Update Server Locally

exiled

Hi Gents. Hoping some of you have resolved this issue!

We have umpteen versions of Siemens TIA Software packages (& Other Legacy Software). Installed over various Laptop/Desktop/external SSDs etc.

We now have a huge issue connecting to the Siemens Update server since we have had some new World wide "Group" Anti Virus software/Firewall settings installed.

Is there a way I can download All the files to a hard drive then populate this location to all the others (essentially becoming a server address)?

if we need to set up a new server, it takes like 3 months as we have to go through so many hurdles

Could we just down load the files to a local ssd etc

exiled in the UK

You will get plenty of opinions here but
Have you gone to the Siemens support site and just downloaded what you need?
https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/us/en/ps/dl

I've probably explained it poorly. Different pcs have different versions etc, some have the safety modules/licenses installed some don't.
I want to download all the files, then if the said pc is allowed then download the updates from said file/server

Perhaps the Tia administrator can be of use. I have not used it myself but my assumption is that it's for global management of Tia software but I might be wrong. Have you checked this out?

TIA Administrator
Different function modules can be incorporated in this web-based framework for administrative tasks for the TIA Portal. The basic package included here provides the functions for managing software and licenses including direct connection to the Online Software Delivery (OSD) services

Click the Help link in the Totally Integrated Automation Updater.

"Introduction

Using a corporate server, you can place selected updates / support packages on a local server and make them available to users, e.g. for different production lines. This has the advantage that users do not have to access the Internet, but can install updates via the intranet, an external hard disk, etc. Since users do not need direct access to the Internet, the protection against trojans or malicious software that contacts the Internet from the internal company network is significantly increased."