Quick help please for solve a plc design (ladder and SFC diagram) using WPLSoft

Mohammedele

Q(1) Design a controlling system using DVP-40ES Delta PLC for a threestory Elevator Prototype as shown in the figure below. Show in details the PLC interfacing wiring diagram. The design comprises of the following components namely
1) Four outside calling Push Buttons with 12V LED indicator
2) Six inside push buttons with LED indicator ( 3 Calling buttons, opening door button, closing door button, and alarm button)
3) Six limit switches ( two limit switches at each floor: LS_1D, LS_1U, LS_2D, LS_2U,LS_3D,LS_3U)
4) One 36V DC motor with 2 speeds (High/low speed): it has three wire terminals (High speed, common, Low speed)
5) One 12V DC motor for opening and closing the elevator door
6) Two door limit switches to detect the status of fully closed / fully opening of elevator door.
7) Four 7-segment Displays (common-anode type)
8) If needed: Feel free to use any additional required electronic/electrical components in your design.

Q(2) Devise a SFC PLC diagram for the three-story elevator which you have designed in part A, showing the internal ladder diagram for every step of the SFC. The elevator system should be programmed to work as described below:

 A user should be able to call the elevator at anytime by pressing the outside calling buttons which are located at each floor.
 An indicator of buttons is used to notify that the request of calling or selecting is accepted.
 Once the user press the calling button, the LED indicator of the button is turned on and his/her calling should be stored until his request is implemented and completed by opening the elevator door at the floor that the calling is performed.
 The LED indicator of the calling buttons will be turned off at the floor that the elevator door start opening at it.
 Elevator should accept any user calling request from outside with giving the priority for high utilization. For example, if the elevator cabin is going down from floor 3 to floor 1 and the user during this travel press the calling Up button at floor 2, then his request will be stored and will be implemented after the cabin coming back from floor 1. In the same way, if the cabin is going up from floor 1 to floor 3 and the user during this travel press the calling Down button at floor 2, then his request will be stored and will be implemented after the cabin coming back from floor 3.
 The internal button panel allows users from inside of cabin to select which floor he/she likes to go. The controller should be programmed to give the priority for executing the user request based on the direction of elevator cabin travel (Down/ UP).
 The door opening and closing buttons allow users to open/close the elevator door if the door path is clear and no any object is located on this path ( there is an optical sensor to detect the existence of object if any).
 The alarm button allows users to turn on a horn in emergency situations calling for help.
 Elevator should move in two speeds, fast in the long distances, and slow few seconds after movement and before stop.
 A Seven-segment display is placed at each floor and one is placed at the internal panel inside the cabin to notify the user where the cabin is right now.  Two limit switches located at each floor one at top of floor and the second at the bottom of floor to give a signal for the controller informing it about the location of cabin.

elevator.jpg

Attachments

• PLC_ Take Home Exam.pdf
    282 KB · Views: 13
I suggest that you search this site before asking any further questions, this subject has been done many times, some have even bothered to do a bit more work than you have....

I hate SFC, you can do the same thing with any of the other languages so never really saw the point, anyway, Just think about each operation as a separate bit of code. that will give you the logic to move a to b (just using symbols instead of lift up or down).
Then think of the transitions for each bit of logic.

By the way, Delta is either a badged version of Mitsubishi or a ripoff as virtually everything is the same. so you can look at Mitsubishi code as it will be almost identical.