Please help a newbie

Mark Buskell

I been commissioned to do this project. I have a 480v in a nearby panel and I need to get 24vdc from it to power some 24v input modules. I am not an idiot and know I cannot hook to it directly. I read up on Omen's law and voltage drops. Can I just take a couple of strands off 2 of the legs and get my 24. My math worked out fine according to this Omen's law.

Omen (and his laws) doesn't say that you can get 24 volts DC from an AC power feed without some rectification, etc. You should get a 24VDC power supply and you'll likely need a 480 VAC to 120 VAC transformer to provide power to the P.S.

Similar Topics

• Poll
Micrologix1100 PLC with rslogix software. Does anyone know how to use a single turn absolute rotary encoder as if it were a multiturn encoder...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am trying to get my head around programming one of the EASY Relay 512 PLC's, I am an electronics & electrical engineer so I am used to...
Replies
Views
Hi,great site , good to see people taking the time to help others ! I am using a compact logix L31 plc , have used this plc before but have...
Replies
Views
I'm reading a PLC book called Programmable Logic Controllers by Bolton, 4th edition published by Newnes. I have read that there are many mistakes...
Replies
Views
Hey, Im very new to plc's, and unfortunatley due to lack of numbers the course im on has been merged with another and i have now found myself...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom