You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 28th, 2017, 09:25 PM   #1
joeln
United States

Safeline Metal Detector Fault 08

Hi all!
Our Safeline SL2000 metal detector boots up and then goes to a FAULT 08 condition. I have searched this on here and other forums, and am able to clear the fault by pressing the upper right soft key.
This quits the alarm but it appears to still not be functioning properly as any amount of metal does not even read. (All our setpoints do remain).
This onboard battery, is it located in the [come out with] the whole keypad head unit?
Old June 28th, 2017, 10:17 PM   #2
bright676
United States

Do you have a back up metal detector? At my work we have another one 15 feet down line in case the first one fails.

I would definitely call safe line on this one. I dont think you should mess with the head unit on these. There is simply to much going on in it. I have replaced power supply's and the board in the control panel with no issues.

I have found that using the book that came with it the best option
Old June 28th, 2017, 11:53 PM   #3
joeln
United States

Yes we have another unit. Originally the issue on this one (#1) was a Balancing Fault on startup and we changed out the screen unit with a spare and the fault was the same. I switched heads back, made sure everything on the belt was dry...and now it passes the Balance Testing part of the startup but goes straight to this FAULT 08.
We already called Safeline in because of the Balancing Fault issue, but I was hoping there was a replaceable battery or such. Thanks much!
Old June 30th, 2017, 01:58 PM   #4
SafelineTech
United States

Fault 08

The Fault 08 message is a powerdrive fault in the detector head's transmitter. This means that your main transmitter is receiving no voltage and therefore, sending no signal. This explains why your detector is not only not seeing metal, but why the balance fault has suddenly disappeared; if your receivers aren't picking up anything, their signals can't be out of balance with each other.

Once the powerdrive fault is cleared, your balance fault will most likely return, but that's another problem entirely.

The current most likely cause for a powerdrive failure is improper connection of the cables that connect the control module (display) with the rest of the detector head. The second most likely cause is having a control module that operates at a frequency other than your detector head frequency.

If you have an operator who can call the technical support line in front of the unit, they can walk you through the basic checks over the phone.
Old June 30th, 2017, 10:42 PM   #5
joeln
United States

You are correct sir. The unit is a 100/300hz and somehow it was set on 200hz. We had a tech coming out already and he squared away all of our units.
Thank you for the replies
Old October 31st, 2017, 01:04 PM   #6
mazatlan30
Mexico

saludos tanbien tengo el problema de faul 8

saludos tengo un sefaline con faul 8 ya cambie todo targeta cabezal energía y nada no puedo sacarlo de ahi cual el el metodo que logro el tecnico que fue a reparar ese error de antemano gracias
Old October 31st, 2017, 01:15 PM   #7
mazatlan30
Mexico

Ayudenme porfabor con el faul 8

IMG-20171029-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20171029-WA0007.jpg

Antemano mil gracias ya ise todo y no pude
Gracias
Old March 14th, 2019, 11:23 AM   #8
yokey
United States

Hi , Sr .
safeline fault 08.I need the right wiring connection diagram for a powerdrive...
thanks.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum