Can you help me?

Hello;

Let us take the tank level as an example, if we suppose that the tank capacity is 250 L, and when the level reaches 230 L, I need an alarm message (High High Level) to be viewed in RSView32 screen, could I use the value 230 in High High Level Alarm, (HH_ALM.SP) to get the desired result

I don't use any specific instuction up to now, since I still in studying phase in alarm field, only I prepare the RSView32 screens without alarm tags, or instruction. Could you help me in this field?

If you could show me pictures or rungs it will be easier to me to understand.

Thank you very much

there are two method of creating Alms

1.creating the alm logic in lad & attach tags in rsview

IF your are using FBD then you can use ALM Instruction for creating alarm messages

If your are using LAD editer the write your own logic for Alarm
alm tags has to be created in rsview when creating the Tag itself.

2.creating the alm logic in rsview & defining alms during tag creation (refer Rsview32 Getting results Guide)

Thank you I tried to use the first method you, but how could we apply the tank level example mentioned before on the first method, i.e using ladder diagrm.
may be by using compare instruction.

|----compare A with B----------------------------alarm tag-----|.

another question please; I read in many places that I need not to creat a tag in RSLogix5000, with the sane name in the RSView32 in oreder to make a connection between them (this what I belived), the problem which face me that in RSLogix5000 an error(like: ???????, in the left edge of the rung) will appear if I didn't determine the tags for each rung. for example: I have a digital signal and define the tag name to be High_level in RSView32, and in RSLogix5000 the input tag name is Input_1 (for example), how should the ladder diagram rung be?

thank you very much

Im not sure im following you but Ill give it a shot. In RSView ME and SE you can directly access RSLogix 5000 tags but in RSView32 you cannot. You must create a tag database for every tag which basicly allows you to create any tag name within RSView32 and point it to any Tag in the RSLogix5000 controller. Via OPS Server or whateve connection you choose.

Thank you bobwithdana for your replies, the problem is when I write a rung in RSLgix5000, it contains input side and output side, to avoid any error in the ladder diagram (errors appear when you check your program) you must determine the tag for the input and output, for example:

|-----|I_1 |------------------------------------------(O_1 )-----|

in the previous rung (according to my understand) I will create two tags in RSLogix5000, one for (I_1), and the other is for (O_1). the output (O_1) will do something in RSView32, so I will create another tag in RSView32 named (O_1) (with the same specs for that in RSLogix5000) so I have two identical tags one in RSLogix5000, and the another one in RSView32, in this correct?

thank you

Ask for help

Hi everbody:
How to transfer Rsview ME runtime file into Rsview studio for some modification?

Hello shaarawi1984;

Once you have your tags created in RSLogix5000 (and you do not create tags only to do things in RSView32; you create logic and tags in the PLC to control your process, the HMI is only to show the operator the status/commands to the PLC), open your RSView32 application.
First create a communication path between yous RSLogix program and RSView. We use an OPC server, set up this way:

RSView_Node.jpg

Now open a Graphic page, create any animation object (say a circle that will change color depending on the status of the RSLogix output bit), right-click on the circle ansd open the Animation folder; click on COLOR and insert a tag name O_1 in the animation dialog box. When you click on Apply, RSView will ask if you wish to create a tag for RSView.Accept. You will define this as a digital tag, and select the Device button to look for the existing tag in the RSLogix program:

RSView_OPC.jpg

Note: The nodename and Address you see here are part of our project, of course. You will use your own.

In the OPC address browser, click on the + boxes until you find the existing tag, select it and click OK so you connect the RSLogix tag to the RSView animation. Accept everything required, and test the animation. You should see the animation change color as the value of the PLC tag changes value.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited:
Hello Mr.Daniel, I did what you posted to me in your reply, but in the OPC Address Browser window there is a difference between my window and your window that I got empty window instead of your window, I used RSLinx Lite does this effect?

Thank you very much

shaarawi1984,

RSView32 don't go with RSlinx Lite, you need at least RS Linx Professional.