Is it possible to make an object on Top of other objects when tag is active?(RSView)

bopol

Good day!

Do any of you guys have any suggestions or ideas on how to make an object in RSView32 on top of other objects once the tag linked to it is active?is this even possible?

the application involved is for materials pumping in a pipe. The pipe animation is to fill with a specific color depending on the material to be pumped; the fill depends on volume of the pumped material. there are at least 5 materials to be pumped and since the pipe is very long, 2 or more materials might be contained along the pipe at the same time. this would mean that there should be 2 or more colors/materials moving(or filling)along the pipeline. the materials to be pumped have no sequence, it solely depends on what their customer's request.

what i did was to make several copies of the same pipe but with different colors to distinguish type of material being pumped. the problem is that this only works if there is a definite sequence in the materials being pumped since the objects have a defined order(which object is on top or seen first then second and so on...).this is why i need to find a way to make the object on top once its tag is set.

REAAAAAALLLLLY would appreciate any help on this.

Have you tried Visibility in your animation?? then just tie that tags to your expression

oiehjsoifjsej.JPG

wow, thanks for the fast reply geniusintraining!

yes, i have already tried the visibility animation but it still does not work. it only works when the materials to be pumped have a sequence.

vbmenu_register("postmenu_284221", true); let me explain further the problem i am having:

for example i have 3 materials to be pumped and the total pipe volume is 10,000 liters. if for mat_1 the cusomer only wants to receive 3,000 liters and then 5,000 of mat_2 and 3,000liters of mat_3, then the pipe should show the location of the materials along the length of the pipe. lets say, pipe1 for mat_1 is at the back layer, pipe2 fo mat_2 at the middle layer, and pipe3 for mat_3 at the top layer. there would be no problem showing the progress of these materials if the materials to be pumped is mat_1 first then mat_2 and finally mat_3(regardless of volume). however, if mat_3 would be pumped first, then only mat_3 progress would be visible and mat_2 and/or mat_1 would not be shown in the HMI since it is covered by mat_3 pipe(since this is in the topmost layer).

i hope my explanation somehow makes the situation a little bit clearer.

Again, much thanks for the suggestion!

Have you tried the Fill expression? still not sure if it would work... you are wanting to fill the pipe and move the (fill) with the process down the line correct?

How about (if the batch amount is going to be the same size) you could draw it and move it down the line.... like you would move a box down a conveyor??