Allen-Bradley Micro810

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day. I'm trying to program an Allen-Bradley Mico810. I have the LCD/Keypad for programming. What I was hoping to do with this was to turn on a wash system, twice per day. I went to Rockwell Software for support and the instructions but the example they gave for the "TOW" doesn't even look the same as what is actually on it. I have been trying to program this thing and I'm not any the wiser.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can I recommend that you not use the keypad and instead invest $20 in the USB plug ? I'll loan you mine if it helps.

I'll use the keypad to put it into RUN mode or as an EEPROM, but no way would I want to perform even the simplest programming tasks with it.

Can I recommend that you not use the keypad and instead invest $20 in the USB plug ? I'll loan you mine if it helps.

I'll use the keypad to put it into RUN mode or as an EEPROM, but no way would I want to perform even the simplest programming tasks with it.

I tried just using the software and the Allen Bradley/Rockwell Software tech I spoke with could not figure out how to get it to do what I needed, I have a case#, not making it up. He told me "the way you want to program it will require its use as a smart relay, using the LCD/Keypad". I'm not out much money if the tech was wrong but the amount of time I have consumed trying to get this to do what I want, is costing me. All I wanted was a simple timer that would turn-on a pump motor automatically and also give the opportunity to manually turn it on at all other times by simply pushing a button. Nothing I have tried has worked. Boss's idea to use this thing, not mine.

Hi,

Ken is right the best and easiest way is with the USB adapter (Software is free).

Not all function blocks are available when programming through the LCD, so the Timer block you are wanting may not be accessible through the LCD programming method.

The complete range of blocks are available in the software.

Hope this helps

MechMan

Hi,

Ken is right the best and easiest way is with the USB adapter (Software is free).

Not all function blocks are available when programming through the LCD, so the Timer block you are wanting may not be accessible through the LCD programming method.

The complete range of blocks are available in the software.

Hope this helps

MechMan

I tried using just the software and the USB but still do not understand how to program the function block. All of my experience is with ladder logic. Im not sure how to program the function blocks. Although it does appear simple, I still can't get it to do what I want.

How do you want the wash system to turn on each day.

1.Is the wash system to turn on at the same times each day (using a realtime clock)

2. is the wash system turning on every 12 hours?

1. Yes, turn on at 7am and 3:30pm, each day, for 10 minutes.

2. To turn on at specified times according to reatime clock or by the operator pushing a button. If the operator pushes the button, I still need it to turn-on and off at 7 and 3:30.
Thank you

1. Yes, turn on at 7am and 3:30pm, each day, for 10 minutes.

It has been a while since I've used the software but I think you will need mulitple blocks

Use the Real time Clock block for 7am and use the real time clock block again for the 3:30pm then have the outputs of both of those blocks going to the 10 minute timer (put them in an OR gate first). you will then have the output of the 10 minute timer going to the output that turns on the wash system.

you could also put the Operators button input in to the same OR gate before timer so that all three scenarios turn the wash system on.

It has been a while since I've used the software but I think you will need mulitple blocks

Use the Real time Clock block for 7am and use the real time clock block again for the 3:30pm then have the outputs of both of those blocks going to the 10 minute timer (put them in an OR gate first). you will then have the output of the 10 minute timer going to the output that turns on the wash system.

you could also put the Operators button input in to the same OR gate before timer so that all three scenarios turn the wash system on.

The challenge is knowing what to put, where, for these function blocks. I have spent a great deal of time with the CCW software and I can not get it to do what I want.

I'll have to download the software and install before I can help more. It's been too long for me to remember the specific block names.

will get back to you when I've have a chance to look properly

The hardest thing about this is learning how the TOW instruction doesn't have named instances, and uses instruction-specific time value structures named TOWDATA.

As you've stated the application, you can do this in three rungs:

Pump_Control_RLL.jpg

Of course I got the times mixed up, but the example is fine.

The program gets (only slightly) more complicated if you need a Stop button as well.

Hi Ceiling walker

I've attached a picture of what I Meant earlier.

once you have the TOW block in the middle of your screen grab the Variable block from the left and drag it on to your screen as well. Then double click on the variable block you just dragged and it will take you to the variables that have been created already, if there aren't any you can create them as you go. Create TimeA and TimeB. they need to be data type TOWDATA. then fill in the details. I've attached a picture of the variables and the blocks the way you described your process

Micro 800 WashSystem.jpg