You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old January 21st, 2009, 10:36 AM   #1
tacm
United States

Momentary output energize rs 500

I have a problem with a line of code I am trying. I have an output i need to energize for two seconds and then drop out, although the input that is associated with the output will remain true. I was able to acive this with the code I wrote, however on the next scan the output went high again. I am sure there is a simple way to do this, however everything I have come up with is complcated. I am using RSlogix 500 with a micrologix 1000. Any ideas would be great. I am sorry, I cannot post the code I have written so far as I am not at the office.

Thanx
"The sole end for which mankind are warranted, individually or collectively, in interfering with the liberty of action of any of their number, is self-protection. That the only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not a sufficient warrant." John Stuart Mill
Old January 21st, 2009, 10:43 AM   #2
bernie_carlton
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

In RSLogix, double click on the rung number for this rung. The line of mnemonics will pop up. Please cut and paste this line into a post so that we can look at the code.

www.thePLCguy.com
Old January 21st, 2009, 10:53 AM   #3
tacm
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacm View Post
I am sorry, I cannot post the code I have written so far as I am not at the office.

Thanx
Thank you but I cannot right now, hovever this has been bothering me since yesterday afternoon.
"The sole end for which mankind are warranted, individually or collectively, in interfering with the liberty of action of any of their number, is self-protection. That the only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not a sufficient warrant." John Stuart Mill
Old January 21st, 2009, 11:21 AM   #4
OkiePC
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

In my example, no matter how long B10/11 is true, B10/10 will only be energized for 2.5 seconds.

Hope this helps,
Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TimerTiming.jpg (57.0 KB, 115 views)
Old January 21st, 2009, 11:43 AM   #5
tacm
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiePC View Post
In my example, no matter how long B10/11 is true, B10/10 will only be energized for 2.5 seconds.

Hope this helps,
Paul
Paul, you are not using a (res) you are relying on the true false rung transision of B10/11 to reset the TON?
Old January 21st, 2009, 11:50 AM   #6
OkiePC
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Quote:
Paul, you are not using a (res) you are relying on the true false rung transision of B10/11 to reset the TON?
Yes.

If you RESet the timer, and the timer rung is still true, then the TT bit will again go true for 2.5 seconds.
Old January 21st, 2009, 12:11 PM   #7
tacm
United States

rung 1 XIC I:0.0/1 XIO I:0.0/2 TON T4:1 1.0 1 0

rung 2 XIC T4:1/TT OTE O:0.0/0

If XIC I:0.0/1 stays true and XIO I:0.0/2 toggles the timer will reset. yes?
Old January 21st, 2009, 12:13 PM   #8
tacm
United States

I feel like my avatar today.........my house was broken into last night, and I only got a 1/2 hour of sleep
Old January 21st, 2009, 12:51 PM   #9
OZEE
United States

Quote:
rung 1 XIC I:0.0/1 XIO I:0.0/2 TON T4:1 1.0 1 0

rung 2 XIC T4:1/TT OTE O:0.0/0

If XIC I:0.0/1 stays true and XIO I:0.0/2 toggles the timer will reset. yes?

Yes -- if EITHER I:0/1 or I:0/2 toggles, the timer will reset.
Old August 17th, 2016, 12:53 PM   #10
Flower8
Andorra

xoxo

Hello! If you want an exceptional essay able to impress everyone, I believe you should visit this source where you can get any essay you'd like on any topic, follow http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/john-...say-on-liberty
Old August 17th, 2016, 04:01 PM   #11
James Mcquade
United States

why not use 2 rungs.
rung 1 input turns on, then a one shot and then a tof timer set for your required time.
rung 2 timer dn bit turns on output

as long as the input stays on, the timer will only work once.

regards,
james
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum