FT View Studio ME Offline Tag File

steve-earl

Hello all! I have run into a bit of an odd situation. I will start at the beginning.

I have installed and successfully used for one project/application FactoryTalk View Studio for Machine Edition 7.00.00 (CPR 9 SR 6) with RSLinx Enterprise 5.60.00 (CPR 9 SR 6).

While working on that application I set up an offline tag reference to a RSLogix 5000 file (.acd) Everything worked great. Enter new project. In FTView I started a new project and selected to NOT copy the communications from an old project or the one currently running on the system. I set up the communications shortcut to my PLC(an l32E but not that it matters for this) and linked it to an offline RSLogix 5000, applied the changes & that went fine.

The problem: In the new application I place a momentary PB, go to the connections tab & then to the tag browser, refresh all folders, click on PLC (the name of my shortcut) and click on offline and all of the tags from the first project show up but none from the current one. Certainly I am missing something other than the last 6 hours of what was supposed to be a productive day. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I have done many things so far up to and including uninstalling FTView and RSLinx Eterprise. This is on a Windows 7 64 bit PC.

Thanks,

Steve o_O

When working with the Offline tag database of a RSL5K project, the RSLinx Enterprise Communication Setup Shortcuts do not play any part within the tag selection process.
The RSLinx Enterpise Offline Tag Browser is using the RSL5K .ACD file located at the "destination" specified within the "Offline Tag File" of the Communication Setup applet bottom window pane.
Use the Browse radio button and navigate to the "location" of the RSL5K project you are currently working with; make sure you Save any RSL5K editing in order for the new tags to be available when RSLinx Enterprose Offline browsing.

When working with the Offline tag database of a RSL5K project, the RSLinx Enterprise Communication Setup Shortcuts do not play any part within the tag selection process.
The RSLinx Enterpise Offline Tag Browser is using the RSL5K .ACD file located at the "destination" specified within the "Offline Tag File" of the Communication Setup applet bottom window pane.
Use the Browse radio button and navigate to the "location" of the RSL5K project you are currently working with; make sure you Save any RSL5K editing in order for the new tags to be available when RSLinx Enterprose Offline browsing.
Thank you for the quick reply. I may not have been clear in my o.p. I have done what you have instructed and the tags from a previous project/application are the only tags available to me even though I have changed the path to point at a different .acd file.

Uhhhhh, never mind. It seems that I've solved it. It was working fine all along. It would appear that someone was renaming files on our company network & when I copied the .acd file to my local drive the contents of the file were not what they were supposed to be.

"Angry" doesn't even begin to describe me right now. ;)

Tomorrow I WILL get something accomplished!

Thank you very much to those that tried to help and those whom may have been thinking about it.