Separating Integer and Floating parts

Shepardt

Hello everyone !
Is there a way to get a variable, like a Word Memory (MW) and separate the integer part and the float part and save them in different memories using the structured language, more specifically the PL7 ?

Each language will have their own ways depending on the instruction set.

TRUNC will give you the integer part of the floating point value.
If your variable is in MW0,
MW2 = TRUNC(MW0)
MW0 = MW0 - MW2
Then multiply by whatever decimal places you want to know (imagine two).
MW6 = MW0 * 100

Then do the same thing
MW4 = TRUNC(MW6)
MW2 will have the integer part, MW4 will have the decimal places part.

Mind that I don't know how the addressing works, I'm just writing how it can be achieved and you can also change the order of some instructions to get the same thing.

Each language will have their own ways depending on the instruction set.

TRUNC will give you the integer part of the floating point value.
If your variable is in MW0,
MW2 = TRUNC(MW0)
MW0 = MW0 - MW2
Then multiply by whatever decimal places you want to know (imagine two).
MW6 = MW0 * 100

Then do the same thing
MW4 = TRUNC(MW6)
MW2 will have the integer part, MW4 will have the decimal places part.

Mind that I don't know how the addressing works, I'm just writing how it can be achieved and you can also change the order of some instructions to get the same thing.
Thank you cardosocea for your answer. That will be very usefull for me.
I will keep that in mind.

Yes and no.
%MW is not address for real/floating it is for integer.
Simple solution would be to convert it in integer and result (integer) would be without float part, but if it is %MW than i would presume that value just value x 10 or 100 or 1000.

Yes and no.
%MW is not address for real/floating it is for integer.
Simple solution would be to convert it in integer and result (integer) would be without float part, but if it is %MW than i would presume that value just value x 10 or 100 or 1000.
Hum...I see...
So i can't store inside the %MW nothing else than integers ?
And what if i need to use the decimal part too ?

Hum...I see...
So i can't store inside the %MW nothing else than integers ?
And what if i need to use the decimal part too ?

You need to move your decimal point on PLC (multiple by 10, 100, 1000) and divide back on scada or HMI side decimal point to correct place.

Or you can use %MF memory area (one %MF takes two %MW addresses). Floating numbers have also disadvantages (them round numbers)