Mitsubishi SOFTGOT

Ranjith

I am trying to get access to a remote site and run the HMI program on my PC.
I already can connect to the PLC (FX3) on site via an E W O N. What I want to do is now to run the HMI program on my PC and connect to the PLC on site. So the HMI running on my PC connects to the PLC on site. Is SOFTGOT is the answer? I dont have much experience with Mitsubishi. HMI on site does not not support VNC.

When you connect to FX3 through E W O N router your computer sees that PLC as if it is directly connected with LAN cable. You can use SoftGOT or any other solution as long is it programmed/configured in PLC. If you have already one HMI, presuming it is MC protocol, you could for example connect new one by programming PLC as Modbus TCP/IP slave.

When you connect to FX3 through E W O N router your computer sees that PLC as if it is directly connected with LAN cable. You can use SoftGOT or any other solution as long is it programmed/configured in PLC. If you have already one HMI, presuming it is MC protocol, you could for example connect new one by programming PLC as Modbus TCP/IP slave.

Thanks for the info.
What do you mean by "If you have already one HMI, presuming it is MC protocol, you could for example connect new one by programming PLC as Modbus TCP/IP slave".

There is a HMI on site GT2103-PMBDS.
But it's a very basic one.

So I would presume that it is connected through side connector (RS422/485/232) on HMI to Mini DIN connector on FX. If the PLC is not the one with built in Ethernet, that means that you need to have additional board or adapter, RS485 or Ethernet, in order to have possibility to control with other HMI.

So you can program FX3U, and configure for example FX3U-ENET for Modbus TCP/IP on port 502, or for MC protocol on some other port, and than you can program second HMI to access to PLC.