VBA to write values from RSView SE V5.00.00 to CLX Tags

Guys,

I need to interface to 2 serially (RS232) from a ControlLogix PLC.

Fortunately the company that make the instrument provide an ActiveX component which allows me to read the data directly from the instrument in RSView SE

With my tiny bit of knowledge of VBA I managed to read the data from the instrument as follows:

On Button1_Release()
DIM Pressure as SINGLE

Commx. Connect
Pressure=Commx.Pressure

MsgBox(Pressure)

This Msgbox outputs the correct value.

What I want to do now is have some sort of event to trigger this every 10 seconds and feed this value from RSView SE V5.00 into PLC CLX L-61?

Is there VBA functions in RSView to set tag values?

Anyone any suggestions?

Similar Topics

Hi all I am trying to write an array in PLC from my excel data base below is code Sub Update() Dim Test_array_Src() As String RSlinx =...
Replies
Views
This is probably a stupid question but I searched and I've read the F Manual but I still can't figure out how to read or write a tag value in VBA...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
How to write a VBA in Factory Talk to read Alarm Tag from Alarm summary and open a display associated to that tag. Or open any desired display...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Trying to find an answer to what I can't believe hasn't already been asked and answered on this site or elsewhere on the interwebz. But...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I am having some difficulty getting some VBA to work.My VBA is bad... I want to write a subroutine which takes 2 parameters 1. Value to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom