Siemens - PID basics-

alanyap

Hi guys,

currently i'm doing a project requires using PID controller, since i'm very new to siemens PLC CPU315-2DP/PN. i would like to have some guide from u guys.

My PID controller receives an Analog input from Temperature sensor, the PID controller will control an servo actuator with feedback of the current position.
The problem is, how can i get familiar with siemens PID controller settings and going head on to the programming, the other thing is, the servo actuator is controlled by 2 digital signal output after getting the feedback from the PID controller, which i need to use something like continuous signaling block.

But i would like to study and understand how those stuffs works as the first thing as my basics so i handle same situation next time.

So, did anyone of you guys can guide that i should start study from which direction??

Thank you!! And have a good day..

i just make myself in another trouble,
for this system i'm using sysmatic manager.
I've use the same cpu as mentioned CPU315-2 DP/PN
I've created a DB122 block under OB35 which have the 100ms sampling time for the PID controller.
then, i place FB42 into the DB122, named valve1.

i pull out every I/O address in that FB42 to do testing on the Cont_S PID controller using the PLC in monitoring mode.
every works fine i get values, triggers everything recorded.
after exploring some parts but suddenly i input same value as before but the output never triggers as just now..

even thou, i create another DB123, placing the same FB42 the result still same it cant trigger the output like before.

now i'm in deep trouble.. u guys have any idea on how to troubleshooting this problem??

hi guys, after gathering information for this FB42, i found that there is a Complete_Reset bit which to reset the whole PID Function Block 42. i'm wondering is this bit will reset every parameter inside the function block 42. Please correct me if i'm wrong..

Thanks!!

hit F1 in Simatic Manager if you wonder about things. The bit you mention is not a reset bit but a RESTART bit. The help would have told you this:

COMPLETE RESTART
The block has an initialization routine that is
processed when the input COM_RST is set.