mgodby

Ok heres what Ive got

I set the accel time for 300 seconds
I selected option accel/deccel 1
I have torque control set to DTC with a minimum torque of 0 and max of 100
When I start the unit it accelerates painfully slow, well over my 300 second
accel time selection.
I haven't got a clue as to why it ramps so slowly

Option accel/decel 1 means you set 23.11 to 1? Then it looks at Acceleration/deceleration time 2, 23.14 and 23.15.

Option accel/decel=0 makes it look at Acceleration/deceleration time 1, 23.12 and 23.13.

Put same value for acceleration/deceleration in 23.12, 23.13, 23.14 and 23.15.

Abb acs880

I will give it a shot coach
It failed the normal and reduced auto tune but passed the standstill
auto tune
I omitted that from my original post

and the digits for the accel/decal have a decimal point with 4 to the left and 3 to the right
like this example

0000.000 so my accel looks like this 0300.000

Far from coach in this case.. I think the manual is a bit "hard chewed" even.

To me, I'd say you're doing it right with the form of "0300.000" as seconds. Maybe someone else will chime in.

If it runs in torque mode, torque can limit the acceleration.

This could be part of your problem:
"With a torque reference, the ramps are defined as the time it takes for the reference
to change between zero and nominal motor torque (parameter 01.30 Nominal torque
scale)."

Abb acs880 vfd

We fixed it
Apparently after you tell the drive what it is, you still have to dial into the control panel speed reference and set the RPM, in our case.
After we did that it functioned perfectly in local and remote.