Citect SCADA v6.0 vs. SimaticNET OPC Server communication problem

mozdemir79

Dear all,
I'm trying to use SimaticNET v6.1 OPC Server with Citect v6.0. The OPC Client "OPC Scout" comes with SimaticNET and works well, communicates with S7-300 PLC over MPI via CP5611. But i cannot success making connection between OPC Server and Citect. Whatever i try i see dots and #COM in the screen. I've tried many combinations of parameters in Citect Communication parameters. In OPC Client Item name is seen as : "S7:[MyOpcConnection]DB10,INT0,1"
If someone know something about that would he/she share his/her experience with me. I need the parametes of Communication (Boards, Ports, I/O Devices and a variable Tag). For example i want to read DB10.DBW0 (SimaticNET symbolisation.)
Thanks for all!

--------------------
Murat OZDEMiR,
Project Manager
PCS ( Process Control Systems )
Ind. Elct. Eltr. Imp. Exp. Co. Ltd.
e-mail : [email protected]

Have you tried to communicate to the opc server with an opc test client?? if the test client can communicate to the server then citect should be able to communicate too.

in attachment is a small opc test client.

just a tought ... why don't you use the native s7 driver from citect instead of using opc ??

Greetz,

Marsupilami

Murat,
as you have succeeded with the OPC scout, then the OPC server is working.
Your problem must be with setting up Citect as an OPC client to the OPC server.
There must be an example somewhere how to use OPC with Citect.