Table Lookups on Modicon Quantum

sanger

We need to implement an Ascii Table Lookup function on a Modicon 140 CPU 434 12A using Quantum 2.6 software.

In summary this is what we need to do:
- The CPU memory will contain a table of product codes
and product specifications.
- Product codes contain characters and numerals up to 10
characters in length. Specifications are integers.
- A product code will be entered in the HMI and the PLC
will automatically scan the table and retrieve the product specifications.

For reliability reasons this lookup must occur in the PLC, not in the HMI.

I do this routinely on A/B PLCs using String Data Files and Indirect Addressing but I'm at a loss as to how to do this with Quantum.

Quantum 2.6 is not a software package.

Do you mean Concept 2.6? If so are you using 984LL or one of the IEC languages?

First thought:

SRCH searches a block of registers (source table) and looks for a specific bit pattern. When a match is found the output of the SRCH block can be used to move (using BLKM) the pointer register into a different pointer register which can be used in an indirect address function, like a table to register(T->R) block.

Areas to be aware of:
SRCH; if register 4x is your pointer then register 4x+1 is your "product code".
T->R; you need constant power to the middle input
If register 4y is your "product code"/pointer then register 4y+1 is your "product specification".