Moeller PS416-CPU-300

Lost_Raiders

Good afternoon ladies and gents.

One of my potential customers currently has a Moeller PS416-CPU-300 PLC and we're looking at upgrading to a S7-1500.

THE BIG QUESTION IS:

How on earth do I pull a backup from the existing PLC.
Can you give specifics in, and correct me if Im wrong: Software needed (Sucosoft S40?), Machine to use (xp im guessing), what type of cable I would require etc.

It'd be a mahoosive help if you could provide any documentation with the process of the Moeller programming so come development time I wouldn't be going in blind.

Cheers

C

If the PS416 is like the smaller controllers that use Sucosoft then you will probably not be able to pull a backup from the controller. The only possibility is if the last person that downloaded to the controller put a copy of the source file on it.

If they did not, you can get a compiled version that you could use to put on a new controller in case the first one dies but no way to look at source.

I never dealt with the 416 so I won't be any help with cables but hopefully you get lucky and the original programmer was thinking about you when they did their work.

There is a manual here:
http://www.klocknermoeller.com/automation/ps416/pdf/h1208g.pdf