RSL5000 warnings about 1734 analog IO not scheduled, but it is.

wildswing

I have 3 CNet nodes, all 1734 Point IO. First contains mix of 16 IE8C analog and 6 IB8 discrete in, second is mix of 12 OE4C analog and 4 OB8 digital out, 3rd is oem configured discrete out air valve block using 6 generic modules.

After I schedule the network in RSNetWorx all the yellow warnings go away in RSL5000. All seems fine. When I save the project RSL5000 gives me 28 warnings saying the analog modules are not scheduled.

I found this while searching the Rockwell tech site:

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33777

When doing a file save in RSLogix 5000 after scheduling a ControlNet network you may receive the error "Warning: ControlNet connection not scheduled." There is a problem in RSLogix 5000 and this should be fixed in a future release of RSLogix 5000. Scheduling from RSLogix should still schedule the network, but after the file is saved and redownload, the 1734-ACNR will no longer be scheduled.

The Work Around for this is to delete the RSNetworx file association from RSLogix 5000 before the project is saved.
Problem: There is a problem with RSLogix 5000 when associating an RSNetworx for ControlNet file.
Cause:
Verify:
Cure: Will be fixed in version 15.26
Prevention: The Work Around for this is to delete the RSNetworx file association from RSLogix 5000 before the project is saved.
After saving, I can come back online and all is well again. No need to reschedule. I'm running this with RSL5000 v16 in an v16.2 L55.

I've sent Rockwell Tech a message through my eConnect, but they seem to be taking their sweet time getting back to me.

I'm continuing with the project while I wait for their reply. Everything seems ok except for this warning every time I save the project. Anyone else run into this?

My guess is that the file association between the *.ACD and the *.XC file is broken, like the technote suggests. Evidently in 15.x this would happen even if the files were accessible to one another, but in 16.x maybe they actually have to be somehow mis-matched.

I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe delete the file association, save the *.ACD, then add the file association back in and save again.

If the Connection Status in RSLogix 5000 shows Running, then Warnings are just Warnings.

I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe delete the file association, save the *.ACD, then add the file association back in and save again.

Sorry Ken, it's been a long day. How do I do that?

I understand warnings are warnings. That's why I'm proceeding while I wait for tech. I'd prefer to get rid of the warnings. Some day we may get another unrelated warning and it'll get lost in the "oh there's always warnings when you save this" mess.

In the configuration applet for the root ControlNet bridge module (the ones in the chassis with the CPU), the third tab is for RSNetworx.

That's where you perform the file association by browsing for the file and directory for the *.XC file for this ControlNet network. RSLogix 5000 is supposed to make edits to this *.XC file whenever you change something in the ControlNet I/O tree.

Whenever you Save an RSLogix 5000 project, the software attempts to "merge" the RSLogix 5000 I/O tree with the *.XC file. That's what was broken in 15.x, and it's probably what you're seeing now.

I'm not totally sure what's going on (the connection between RSLogix and RSNetworx never was totally clear to me) but it can't hurt to re-define the connection between the two from scratch.