PID control programming using PLC

debojit

Hi Everybody,
Can anyone tell me how a PID control programming can be achieved by PLC using versa pro.I know PLCs now a days can be used for continuous control mechanisms like PID though it as been traditionally be used for on off machine control.
However the PLC concerned here provides one analog input and another analog output that can be manipulated by PLC programming software Versa Pro.I was thinking whether those analog i/p and o/p terminals can be used for PID control actions.
If anyone have a clue plz send me mail in the following.

Debojit Brahma.
[email protected]

Thank you.

Almost all PLCs have PID control capabilities.
If it has analogue inputs and outputs, these can be used for PID control.
Each PLC also has different methods for programming PID, some are more complicated than others. Some have more features than others. Some solve the PID functions in hardware, some in software.
Note also that the analog IO can also be programmed to use different functions than PID, such as simple level control.
It is also possible to program your own home grown PID functions in most PLCs if you don't like the built in functions.

After all that, you must consult your PLC programming manual to determine how to program PID loops.