Corporate Double Speak and Unions

Sorry, there is a resteraunt here (GA) that serves a can't be beat peanut butter (and chocolate) pie. There is NOTHING better than peanut butter pie.

Originally posted by brucechase:

There is NOTHING better than peanut butter pie.

Not fair!! You're from Georgia. You're biased!!

Wait a minute. We're picking a favorite pie. Bias is a good thing. Being from Wisconsin I get easily confused.
Keith

coconut cream or chocolate cream….umm

My great wife is just starting to cook pastries and deserts, I’m going to get fat :) , it will be great…I handle all of the main courses, I love to cook…but even better, I love to eat… :)

Jimmie_Ohio said:
Those are not EATING pies. Those are THROWING pies! And if you're making a list of the best pies to throw, add banana cream pie to the list.

there you go again Jimmie...bashing me...why...why I ask

hey now that you brought it up...banana, umm...(y)

rgurin said:
For my money, the best store-bought pie is Marie Callendar's razzleberry...

I have not tried that one, but Marie Callendar's makes a good chicken pot pie...umm

Its still a PIE

edit:

Sorry, there is a resteraunt here (GA) that serves a can't be beat peanut butter (and chocolate) pie. There is NOTHING better than peanut butter pie.

Bruce, where at and whats the name, ill give it a try

Properly made apple pie is the best, sadly it is seldom properly made.

Rhubarb?....bleh....waste of an otherwise perfectly good crust, that is!

I thought my wife's blueberry pie couldn't be beat then she whipped up a blackberry-raspberry-blueberry combination that is to die for. Then she topped that by making my favorite custard - coconut cream. Wait - what's that I smell - be back later!

geniusintraining said:
Bruce, where at and whats the name, ill give it a try

The name of the eating place is French Market Grill in Augusta GA. They serve Louisianna style cajun food (awesome crawdads etoufee (sp??)), good beer (but not a microbrewery) and the best deserts. I haven't been there in about a year, but it is now time to go back since we are talking about unions and stuff.

Apple Sour Cream Pie Recipe

2 cups finely chopped tart apples
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
1 egg
1 pie shell, unbaked

Topping
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
PREPARATION:
Mix 3/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons flour
Add sour cream, egg, vanilla and salt
Add apples
Pour into unbaked pie shell.
Bake at 425&deg for 20 minutes.
Combine 1/3 cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/3 cup flour.
Cut in butter.