SLC 5/04 communication issues with panel view 550

kjones

Panel view CAT number 2711-K5A2

Getting fault "612 No active mode found on network"
Not sure if connected correctly and channel configuration is correct?
Connected from DH485 port on Pv to RS232 connection on SLC

Channel O driver set to DH485, Baud set at 19200 node address set to 1
Channel 1 driver set to DH+, Baud set at 57.6, node address 13

Make sure the node address for your PV is different then your SLC.

Cable should be a 2711-NC13 or 14, a straight thru cable.

I'm running through a 1748 pic box

1747-PIC ?

I have never seen that done. How are you connecting the RJ45 side of the PIC to a RS232 port?

The PIC also needs power, how are you doing that?

You don't need the PIC, a straight thru cable is all you need. See my post #2

Last edited:
We are starting at the plc in the rs232 link go to a 1747-pic then going through two dh485 link couplers into the panelview 550

Has it ever worked? as Mickey stated I dont think you need the PIC, the PIC would be for your PC and the AIC setup is for networking the HMI

Yes at one time it worked, we don't have a cable to connect straight from the DH+ port to the DH485 port on back of Hmi, I read some other similar issues and changed my addressing now my indicator light is flashing for rs232 but still getting error code.

Take a picture of your setup.... I dont think it would ever work that way, try removing the PIC and see if it works

The DH+ on the PLC will not talk DH485 and no one makes a cable to convert it