How to tell how much memory is used with RSL 500

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Everyone,
Working on a program for a ML1400 B but don't have the processor with me.
Is there a way to tell how much memory is used and left offline in RSLogix 500? I know it can be done in 5000 but haven't found it in 500.

Thanks!!

have you tried looking at the "Controller Properties" feature - on the "General" tab? ...

if "Memory Used" and "Memory Left" show up as * (asterisks) try doing a "Verify Project" step from the very top RSLogix500 menu ...

DISCLAIMER: I'm going by memory here - so this might not be right ...

That worked Ron!!
I was getting the * but didnt do the Verify Project.
Thanks again, YOU THE MAN :)

Bullzi said:
...I was getting the * but didnt do the Verify Project...

Yes, just be careful when you see the asterisks (*) as this means there are pending rung edits somewhere in the project. If you Verify Project then you may inadvertently apply edits you had not intended to leave or had not yet finished.

Another method I use for a quick synopsis of a project is the File > Summary Info...

It will give you a couple of tabs with the Statistics tab being of the greatest interest. Here you can not only view the Memory Left and Memory Used but also things like Revision number and Total Editing Time for the project, among other useful tidbits.

Note: The Summary Info will also display asterisks (*) when there are pending edits.

Regards,
George