GE Fanuc 90-30 plc mode change

nmk

I have a GE Fanuc 90-30 plc, cpu 351::confused:
this my first GE plc that is in Run mode. no faults at processor. ok and run leds are ON.I am connecting to port 2 at the cpu with a cable (15 pin male to USB). I can upload but can not download. the plc mode most likely has to be stopped to download to it. cpu firmware is 7.01, and I am using PROFICY 8.5. the key switch at the cpu is diabled. i had a copy of the program imported into proficy. the "download target to plc" is greyed out. plc cpu config file when i am connected to plc, the key sw is disabled and does not allow change in proficy. need to download the project in proficy to plc to make both equal. is this firware problem? and how to download?any ideas if there is any thing wrong I am doing?

When you first make a connection between Proficy Machine Edition and the PLC, you are in "Monitor" mode which is read only. In order to transfer anything from PME to the PLC (download) you must get to "Online" mode. To do so, click the green hand icon. The background color of the ladder logic screen will change when the mode changes. Text at the bottom right hand side of the screen (in the same area as the equality status text) shows the monitor/online/offline status.

Last edited:
I did try that, when I click on the hand icon, an error dialog box pops up: "the target already attached" i am not sure about the error #8085 but the text in qoute is correct

currently, i can connect, but no online attempt succesful. This PLC is not on a network. The laptop that have the proficy installed on is running on a company's network and is the only one connected to this PLC at the time I get this error message.I will try to disconnect the wireless connection to the server and try connecting to this plc and go online.I do expect that the laptop will give hard time when I do diconnect the wireless,but sure i will try that.

It is possible that the PLC thinks it is still connected even though it isn't. I'm not sure whether cycling power to the PLC will close all connections, but if that is feasible in your case its worth a try. You could also try searching the GEIP support site for any knowledge base articles on the subject.

I have had this happen (my pc locked up during a Machine Edition connection) and you have to reboot the plc to clear the connection.