Slc 5/03

mrtweaver

Ok the wednesday before thanksgiving i was called back into work regarding our trash and product transport conveyors. Granted they are old, installed in like early 90's according to what information i have avail. But during the 10 years i have been with the company these have been fairly bullet proof.

Well not any more. So i was called in because there was no power or control of the system. First thing i found was the fuse in the SLC power supply had blown. I replaced this fuse, now have power and the inputs all seem to work as they should.

However a new issue arrose, there was no outputs. And the fault like on the processor was flashing.

So got out the laptop, connected to the processor, fault code is 0001h. From my limited understanding that means there is no configuration and no program. However it does come up with the option do upload the program from the processor or to reload the program from EEPROM. Well it does not matter what option i choose either one comes back with configure problem and or nvram problem.

SO thought i would try to reload the program, only to realize that none of the previous techs had saved the program.

So contacted the company who supposibly now owns the company that originally installed the conveyor system only to find out they do not have the program for this system.

so here are my questions:

Do you think the processor is still usable?

Is it common to have an eeprom in the SLC?

Can this eeprom be taken out installed into another SLC? I ask this because of the nvram error message.

If not since i do not have the originally program does that mean one would have to write it all from scratch?

If it does have an eeprom what would be the proper way to kind of bootstrap load the eeprom to see if it would work? Should i have the key in the program state? or it does not matter?

Sorry so many questions just trying to wrap my head around this so when called on the carpet tomorrow i can have some sort of answers.

Thanks and have a great day.

It looks like the backup battery was never changed and there was no EEPROM.
Most builders didn't install them back them.
from the manual it looks like the processor is still serviceable but you will have to rebuild the code from scratch.
there are a number of good companies in your area that can do it if t=you don't feel up to it.