Micrologix 1400 comms library: series A vs Series B

Ozpeter

I'm in the process of designing a standalone windows based program for a client that needs to talk to an ML1400. I had thought of using an open source Modbus/TCP library for the comms, however I just realized that only ML1400 Series B supports Modbus/TCP and I suspect my client may have some Series A devices out in the field (as some specs I was given mentioned using PCCC)

Given that my client will probably not be upgrading the Series A PLCs, what would be a reasonable approach for doing ethernet based comms that supported Series A devices? I was looking for an open source solution, but right now I am open to buying a commercial SDK.

FWIW I'm going to be developing in C# .Net

Similar Topics

Hello everybody, I want to communicate with two PLCs (PC1: GE Fanuc: proficy machine edition which runs under quick panel IC754C & PLC2: Microlgix...
Replies
Views
I am having trouble communication with 2 devices with the micrologix 1400. I am using the 485 to mil1100 comm cable to communicate with a omni...
Replies
Views
I have 2 systems that I need to link together. System A needs to turn on the Vacuum fan and rotary airlock in system B when system A is given a...
Replies
Views
Hey everybody, can't seem to get this working. I have a Red Lion G310C210 connected to a Micrologix 1400 via Ethernet. When I push the buttons I...
Replies
Views
I have been using Crimson 2.0 for several years, communicating with various PLC's and devices. I decided to upgrade to the new Crimson 3.0 for...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom