Atlas Copco OpenProtocol

Contact me

Has anyone been successful getting torque and angle data from an Atlas Copco PF3000 into a SLC-5/05 via Ethernet? I am struggling to get this to work using an EEM (Explicit Ethernet Message) instruction in the SLC-5/05.

Please reply...THANKS!

Yes contact me for further details.

i worked for a company 2 years ago and we had to buy an interface board to communicate between (2) atlass copco units and a compact logix processor.

i no longer work there and do not have access to the information.

regards,
james

Resurrecting an old thread:

rahonny,
I am looking to get torque and angle data from a PF3000 into a Allen-Bradley ControlLogix PLC, over the standard Ethernet port in the PF3000 (not the add-on Ethernet card), to the Ethernet port on the PLC.
Have you done or could you do this programming job?

Atlas Copco Data Transfer

I am currently trying to transfer string data to a PF3000 Atlas Copco from my Compactlogix controller. Frist I scan with a barcode reader, which is connected via Ethernet to my Compactlogix. I do a MID "Middle String" and my Dest is called Trace_Serial_Number.

The Ethernet Generic Module created SINT tags both Input and output. I did a STOD "String to DINT. But now how do I move that data to the PF3000 Atlas Copco?

Thanks

Will be offline for a few hours

Randy

Dear Experts,

Am New to working Atlas Copco - Power Focus Tool . In that Am Using Ab L75 - Control Logic Plc . So i want to Communicate with Atlas Copco To plc With Ethernet Communication . After Establishing Communication , I want to Read & write The datas. . I want to check Healthy Check Of tool and Fault Code after i want to read The torque and Angle Of Tighting tool . . So how to do this.. Please Help this support. If any one having Plc Coding mean Please share with me .. Its Very helpful ..

Thanks & Regards,

Arasan..

Thanks for the info. I actually messed around with a compactlogix and pf controller today and had them talking to each other via the field bus option in the pf.

Thanks for the info. I actually messed around with a compactlogix and pf controller today and had them talking to each other via the field bus option in the pf.

Did you have any luck with this? I don't know If I have something setup wrong. Please take a look at the following images.

compactlogix_settings.JPG

general_pf_settings.jpg

toPLC_fromController_Settings.jpg

ethernet_setup_info.jpg

1.JPG

Last edited:
okay quick update. the issue was the size settings in the connection parameters. The size of the controller has to match the PLC. in my case, it was 5 (16 bit INT ) for input and output.
1.JPG

5_16bit.JPG

toPLC_fromController_Settings.jpg

Verification?

Has anyone verified these settings?
I've put in the same connection settings into RSLogix5000 on a ControlLogix..

No ability to connect....

What about the settings TO PF? The pictures just show the data inputs from the PF?

Any ideas?