Red Lion to Datamax Lable Printer

lcanada

A project has been given to me at work and it's giving me a bit of trouble. We want to have a label printer interfaced with a leak tester in our facility. When a part passes the leak test process they want the label printer to print a label and to have the real time and date on the label.

This particular label printer has 2 programming protocols: DPL(Datamax Programming Language) and Line Code.
Datamax informed me that I would need a driver to use DPL.

I do not think that I need a driver for the line code.

My hardware is as follows: Red Lion G303, Datamax I series 4208, and GE PLC.

The plc to red lion is not a problem but the red lion to printer is where I am having my hangup. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks