Modicon M580 PLC- Scadapack 535E RTU Communication Issue

akash11132

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I am using M580 PLC as modbus server and Scadapack 535E RTU as modbus client for a project. Both are connected via Modbus TCP protocol.I have configured the scadapack RTU using E-configurator. In the modbus scanner utility of e-configurator, I have mentioned the modbus registers that are to be read/write to the M580 PLC.

The problem I am facing is that I am not able to read correct modbus registers from M580 PLC. For example, I was expecting values of 0.69 and 0.53 for modbus registers %MW40010 and %MW40012, which are mapped to DNP3 points 10050 and 10051 respectively.

But, in the point browser(in e-configurator), I am getting both these values as 0. There seems to be a gross mismatch between the registers I am trying to read from PLC and the registers I am getting from the PLC.

Any pointers to solve this issue. Thanks in advance.

Also, I am not able to write any values via point browser to the PLC. While trying to write values via point browser, i am getting the following error" Control response received, but status indicated a problem"

Regards,

Akash

I am unfamiliar with both of your devices, but are you using the correct modbus "Command" to read/write? For address 40000 range you should be using 3(read) and use 6(write) or 16 would be used to (read/write multiple registers)?