PV Plus 1000

benaiahhenry

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Everyone,

I am working on a project with a PV+ 1000 (2711P-T10C4D1), its the first time I've used the 1000 and I'm having a hard time getting a feel for how to scale the objects on the screen (I don't actually have the PV here to play with).

When I test a PV+ 700 application on my laptop in FT View Studio the size of the running app is about the same as it is on the Panelview so I can get a good idea of how easy/hard it will be to use the screens. Howerver, since the 1000 has the same resolution but a much larger screen I can't really tell these things when testing the 1000 application.

So is there a way to make FT View (vs 6.1) display the actual size of the screen in inches rather than pixels when testing the application on my laptop in FT View?

Thanks!

-Benaiah

You probably just have to go into Project Settings and select the "project window size" for a PVP 1000. By default it might be set to a smaller terminal (like a 600).

I already have the project window size set to "PVPlus 700/1000 (640x480)."

It seems that since they are the same resolution they display the same when you test the app. I haven't been able to find a way to specify that I'm using a 1000 rather than a 700 and get it to display at 10.5" rather than 640x680 px. Is there some other setting that I'm missing?

Thanks,

-Benaiah

Last edited:
You are not missing anything.

I think I know what you mean now. We very rarely use 700, so when we put our standard 1000 program in a 700, the text can be hard to read. I'm not sure that there is any easy way to deal with this other than loading it into the terminal.

For better or for worse, FTView ME is a pure pixel-based display system.

It doesn't scale to inches, nor does it zoom in runtime. It doesn't zoom very well in development, either.

Vector graphics is a different animal with its own challenges, so for a fixed resolution device like a PanelView Plus, I'm OK with a straightforward pixel count.