connecting SLC 5/04 to Panelview through rs232

Bcon1006

I have a SLC 5/04 that I need to connect to a panelview plus 1000 that only has a e-net connection and rs232 serial. I have AB RIO running to another network, and I have DH+ also going to a servo drive, all successful. I can connect my PC to the SLC through the RS232 to program SLC, I can also connect to PV plus through enet to PC, but I can't see the SLC through Linx enterprise and the PV. Any help Linking the Enet to the serial port and over to the SLC using the PV as the bridge would be greatfully appreciated.

Cascade the tree down under the "Who" in Linx Enterprise until you can right click on the processor and see it's properties, then (I think) you should be able to add it as a topic/shortcut (I forget the exact terms). Also make sure that the IP address assigned to the SLC is in the same domain/addressing scheme as your control system and PC.

TPS Reports said:
Cascade the tree down under the "Who" in Linx Enterprise until you can right click on the processor and see it's properties, then (I think) you should be able to add it as a topic/shortcut (I forget the exact terms). Also make sure that the IP address assigned to the SLC is in the same domain/addressing scheme as your control system and PC.

The SLC is a 5/04 so it won't have a IP address.

The poster would like to access the 5/04 by going in the PV+'s E-net port and then bridging using the PV+'s serial port. I searched the AB website but wasn't successful finding that scenario. I would assume that the Enterprise Linx that is downloaded with the RSViewME application would have to be configured for the pass-thru first.

I've successfully connected PC to PV+1000(enet) and installed DF-1 in linx enterprise as rs232 conection on PV. I have a straight through cable from serial port on PV+ to serial on 5/04. No matter what I've tried I cannot see the 5/04 on linx through the PV+

Thanks for the help, unfortunately I haven't been successful with this scenario. I don't want to spend any more cash but, I think I'm going to have to buy a 2711P-RN6 DH+, DRIO module for the PV+, unless anyone has any more ideas??