S7-300 series rack power supply

DamianInRochester

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is there any reason I can't just use a regular 24VDC power supply to power an S7-300 series rack? From what I see, the only connections between the power supply and the CPU or rest of the card is the jumpers for the 24VDC output of the power supply.

The PS 307 power supplies show up in the hardware selection in the softare. Any idea what, if anything, the program uses this information for? Is is just a documentation thing?

Similar Topics

Hey guys, I have an older Cognex Dataman scanner that i have added to a machine. I have established comms over ethernet. I am able to trigger...
Replies
Views
Hi We had a faulty DO card giving SF error in our Siemens PLC setup model 326-2BF01-0AB0 and we replaced this 326-2BF41-0AB0 I/O card. We updated...
Replies
Views
Hi What stage of its life cycle, S7-300/400 controllers are at now? In my existing unit, we are using these controller and in near futher there is...
Replies
Views
Dear All, Is any one know how to solve the buffer overflow problems in SCADAPACK. This is remote application and communicating with SCADA on DNP3...
Replies
Views
any special setting in simatic manager for accesssing variables in OPC server?? I want to access variables from plc to PC via ethernet. Can...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom