Rockwell Automation Forum Open

jkerekes said:

Consistent with the Knowledgebase, message boards for products covered by TechConnect support contracts are reserved for contract customers.

Contract products include:

• Software (except activation help)
  • Programmable controllers and I/O
  • Drives
  • Motion control
Non-contract products include:

• Software activations
  • Industrial control products - switches, sensors, pushbottons, relays, starters
The contract forums are now private, as of June 16, 2008. To verify that you have your contract correctly associated with your account, please see Knowledgebase answer 50871.

Not sure if there's a lot you can do without a Tech Connect contract though!!
Seems that most of the stuff is limited to existing customers or people who will dish out the cash to get a contract!
Oh well.......

I take back my earlier positive comment about common sense and the suits. You can't get access to the PLC products forum unless you're under contract????? What were they smoking when they made that decision?

Thank goodness there are forums like this for people who live and work in the real world.

Thanks GIT, but I'm just venting against the suits that make those decisions. I'd call the decision harebrained but I don't want to insult rabbits.

There are plenty of knowledgeable people on forums like this that can answer any AB questions that come up.

I discovered the forum a few days ago, and read a few topics. I was not overly impressed with the responses in general although there were some very good ones.

I got a bit of a chuckle from a few that are marked as "Solved!", but I think the concept of marking them that way is a cool idea.

I seriously doubt the forum will ever rival this one in content.

Paul

geniusintraining said:
Hey Steve, I can ask a question over there if you need to know something ;) ;)
I bet when you do ask a question for Steve "there", Alaric will provide the answer for you.
So........ why not stick around here and get an answer faster.
No!! No way shape or form a salesman for Rockwell as Alaric suggested in another thread, read some of my posts and you'll find out.

Steve Bailey said:
I take back my earlier positive comment about common sense and the suits. You can't get access to the PLC products forum unless you're under contract????? What were they smoking when they made that decision?

Thank goodness there are forums like this for people who live and work in the real world.

Over in the land of OZ many years ago there was a TV comedy series that used to enjoy sticking it to the bank. One such skit was on the Eastpak bank, obviously modelled on Westpak one of the big 4 banks is OZ, where the customer asked what was this WID fee that kept appearing on their account. The manager explained to him that is was, of course, the Walk In Door fee. The manager then explained that since the customer had entered the bank via the front door and now the managers office via another door, he would he charged 2 more WID fees. Plus the 2 more fees for leaving the bank via 2 more doors.

I explain this to you in jest because I would not be suprised if this kind of stuff happens at rockwell. It is for this specific reason that I moved to Redlion displays, they are far cheaper and the software is FREE!

Stu

Stuman,

You don't need a contract to get my help. Although you don't live in my area, I will certainly offer help when I can.

Thanks,
Joe_WaZoo

bkottaras said:
No way shape or form a salesman for Rockwell as Alaric suggested in another thread, read some of my posts and you'll find out.

I was just kidding of course, since we were running up the bill of material on the project.... 🍻

I see!!
No problem!
That was not the intention though.
I was trying to just "create" jobs in the manufacturing sector (besides the sales part for Rockwell)!!
In other words boost the economy. The way it is even a 40 hour work week for one person will show tremendous growth on the charts next month!!

Just visited - again. It seems that when you are using the free logon, you are a "guest", and not a "member". Also, some folks (one from here!) posted topics which were moved to the registered area.

Now, if you aren't registered with techsupport, isn't that a little useless? You can never read the thread!