1756 L61 Firmware update questions

Hi, New to control logix, But we have a L61 controller on our Generator E-House control that is only FW 17.2 We need to make changes to Powerflex Drive FW in the program. They are Electronic keyed right now and replacement drives have higher FW than our controller program recognizes so there is a drive comm fault on the module. I have read that Controller FW 19 or higher allows online changes for this. I have ControlFlash And read the manual, Looks pretty easy to Update the FW. Just want to ask which version should I go for? The latest AB offers? Will I have RS5000 compatibility issues? Current RS5000 support for V13 to V19

Just want to make sure there are no suprises as I will have to co ordinate complete plant shutdown and whole Mine Site Blackout as this processor is taken offline for a DL. Want to only do it once, and do it right.

Thx for any help

Probably you could manage with the online update of the PF drive with RSLogix v19, but if you want to do that you will have to update the firmware of the PLC to v.19 also.
You can install Drive tools SP database, latest (download it from ab.com- PowerFlex firmware page) and you will be able to udate the PowerFlex to the latest version fimware