S7-400 with Keyence SR-1000 [IO Access Error]

mich281

Hi all,

We are having issues with reading the peripheral inputs of a Keyence SR-1000 barcode reader. Although we already have some experience with these barcode readers, we cannot seem to find a solution for this particular problem. We communicate to the barcode reader using Profinet IO.
We had the system up and running for about a year on a CPU 315-2 PN/DP, but now we have the same Barcode Reader on a S7-400 with CP card.

PLC: CPU 416-2 DP with a CP443-1 card (Profinet IO)
Process image of this CPU is set to 512 bytes
Barcode Reader: Keyence SR-1000W

The Barcode Reader is installed in the hardware configuration with it's own GSD file. So the peripheral inputs/outputs are set (see image).
Inputs: 1800-1969
Outputs: 1800-1934

Communication with the CP card is also OK.
The weird thing is that we can read all input bytes (status bits, error bits,...), except the ReadData (1834-1969).
So we can trigger the barcode reader to scan, it scans, we get the correct status bits back in the PIB bytes. But the PIB bytes of the ReadData (where barcode is sent to) cannot be read.

In the VAT table I can't see these values (PIB 1834-1969) and if I use these bytes in my programming I get an "I/O acces error, reading" fault.

I know that this I/O access error most of the time means one of two things:
1) you are trying to read addresses that are not configured in the PLC. But it seems like they are (I checked all possible ways).
2) you have a faulty module, but then we would not see the other PIB bytes I guess.

I have attached 3 images that may give you a better idea of what my issue is.

If anyone can help me, thank you!

2018-05-19_9-25-56.jpg 2018-05-19_9-56-51.jpg 2018-05-19_9-35-45.jpg

Last edited:
Hello mich281,

i also try to connect a SR1000 to a S7-400 via Profinet. We also already use a SR1000 wit a S7-200 without any problems. My problem is that with the S7-400 CPU, the SR1000 does not connect to the CPU at all!?

Did you use the same GSD File that you used with the S7-300 CPU?

Have you tried to set the Process Image to 1024 to solve your issues?

Thank you for your help!
Regards,
Tom

Hi Tom

In the S7-400 Hardware Diagnostics, what is the status for the SR1000 Profinet Device ?
If, for the IO data that is greater than 4 bytes you read and write from and to the SR1000 via SFC14 and SFC15, what return values do you get from SFC14/SFC15 ?

Hi Tom,

My issue was something else I think. I could see the SR1000 device.
After digging deeper and getting help from a colleague we found the problem:
We received error code 16#80B1:
"The length of the specified destination area is not identical to the user data length configured with STEP7".
The range for the source and destination were not the same size.
In the SR1000 hardware settings we set te barcode to 128 bytes, but only had a 32 byte destination to write to (as our barcodes were only 12 digits).
We thought the SFC14 would just read the first 32 bytes, but apparently not.
Once we changed the destination range (of SFC14) to 128 bytes, the problem was solved.

I used the same GSD file btw.

Can you ping the barcode reader and Ethernet address of the CPU (or CP card) from inside the Profinet network?

Kr,

Michiel

Hello Jesper, Hello Michiel,

thanks for your replies! I found the Problem. It was a wrong setting on the Network Switch we are using!

Now everything is working fine!

Have a nice day!
Tom