Hi all a few pointers plz with somashine

Blake smith

Hi all very new to plc programming all self taught to probably a lot of mistakes background I am a tunneling electrician mostly shot cret lining have a hald decent electrical back ground. I started programing with a plr schneiders zelio have designed and built a few panels useing zelio however I have started a project wich hopfully will broaden my plc knowledge I am using schneiders m221(TM221CE40T) PLC with a (tm3D116/G) digital expansion module and a (TMC2AQ2C) analog output cartridge programmed with so mashine basic and will also be using schneiders magelis HMIS5T touch screen programed with vijeo designer 6.2. All digital in/outs etc i have enough knowledge to comeplete this section of my project but I am coming unstuck when comes to analog inputs and out puts I have tried sourcing what info I can online YouTube etc other than schneiders own tutorials. i am struggling to grasp somashines software I know what I want to do if was using an arduino I could write the code but I'm not 2 things I'm trying to do 1 is use the analog output to control a 3 phase speed controller from the hmi rather than using a 10k pot so just need the 4mA to 20mA output to feed straight i to the controllers terminals and the 2nd thing I want to do is use a pnp proxy on a 4 prong pully mounted pic up to give a rpn read out on the hmi if could get a few pointers more on the plc side first then will have a go at setting the hmi up before I seek help if needed thanks in advance

Hi all very new to plc programming all self taught to probably a lot of mistakes background I am a tunneling electrician mostly shot cret lining have a hald decent electrical back ground. I started programing with a plr schneiders zelio have designed and built a few panels useing zelio however I have started a project wich hopfully will broaden my plc knowledge I am using schneiders m221(TM221CE40T) PLC with a (tm3D116/G) digital expansion module and a (TMC2AQ2C) analog output cartridge programmed with so mashine basic and will also be using schneiders magelis HMIS5T touch screen programed with vijeo designer 6.2. All digital in/outs etc i have enough knowledge to comeplete this section of my project but I am coming unstuck when comes to analog inputs and out puts I have tried sourcing what info I can online YouTube etc other than schneiders own tutorials. i am struggling to grasp somashines software I know what I want to do if was using an arduino I could write the code but I'm not 2 things I'm trying to do 1 is use the analog output to control a 3 phase speed controller from the hmi rather than using a 10k pot so just need the 4mA to 20mA output to feed straight i to the controllers terminals and the 2nd thing I want to do is use a pnp proxy on a 4 prong pully mounted pic up to give a rpn read out on the hmi if could get a few pointers more on the plc side first then will have a go at setting the hmi up before I seek help if needed thanks in advance

Can you post a screenshot of the logic you have written so far?

I am taking laptop home tonight so will have another attempt tonight have not written any code yet regarding the analog output or the pnp code as these are last bits to add to the overall project and to be honest the bit been most dreading can't rember how many rungs of code so far 60 somthing I think so will be a lot of snap shots if you want to see the code written for the digital inputs and outputs

I would do a google search of "somachine sample code". Also try Youtube to find Somachine tutorial videos. Try to find some examples that are similar to what you are trying to do.

If I was to use a push button on the hmi to increase the min value 0 in increments of 10 to max value 1300 I would use word variable is that correct but if was to use a text box to set a value from 0 to 1300 would I have to use a string variable and convert to a word variable to use value within plc a side note the value 0 to 1300 would set the rpm (hz) for speed controller

Hi I think I have figued it out never used the operational block before had play I am waiting for my analog out cartridge to be delivered so can not check the out put current on plc(%Q0.100) but I have configured the analog output to min value =0 max value =1300 if I'm rite the %MW0(SPEED_FROM_HMI) will be directly associated to the %QW0.100(SPEED_OUPUT) the hmi numeric display is limiting the values allowed to be entered to 0->1300 does that seem like it will work if so can't beleive one ru g of code I have attached a screen shot the second rung just a test the hmi value entered has been seen by the plc

I'm not familiar with this software, but I don't see anything wrong with what you programmed so far. You will have to test it to see if it works like you want.

I figued out my 2 problems thanks for replys have another one now I'm sure I will figure it out but if any advice be appreciated I have a few timers in my program delay on so will time will count up from 0 to 10 I can put the timer value in to a memory word but I want to flip the timer as in count down from 10 to 0 to use that value on the hmi x time left before auto wash and x time left of auto wash cycle and actively count down hours and minutes seconds cheers in advance

I figued out my 2 problems thanks for replys have another one now I'm sure I will figure it out but if any advice be appreciated I have a few timers in my program delay on so will time will count up from 0 to 10 I can put the timer value in to a memory word but I want to flip the timer as in count down from 10 to 0 to use that value on the hmi x time left before auto wash and x time left of auto wash cycle and actively count down hours and minutes seconds cheers in advance

Timer delay on, sounds like this timer will be "done" when the time counts up to 10. If you want the remaining time, maybe try to subtract the timer "actual" value like this: remaining time = 10 - timer actual time

Sorry I do not know this software and can not be of more help.

The timer I'm ising is a. Timer delay on set to for test perpose 10 seconds time counts from 1 to 10 I can use the timers mw in my hmi and yeah hmi counts 1 to 10 what I want to do is flip the hmi read out from 1 to 10 to 10 to 1 - - - - - - - - - I re read your reply I see what you mean will try tuesday night when back to work think somtimes you have to take a step back and go at it again with clear head cheers again

Last edited: