Connecting S7 200 PLC with PC

Unregistered

U
Hello
I have such a problem, that i have PLC and MicroWin...but i dont have a special PC/PPI cable.
Is it anyhow possible to connect without special cable?
Can this cable be made by some drawings from the web or can i connect PLC and PC with cable what is used to connect PLC with TD200?

Thanks,
Ivan.

Hello Yvan;

The programming port of the S7-200 "talks" PPI; either you use Siemens' PC/PPI cable to convert fron RS-232 to PPI, or you use a comm. card that is configured for PPI (such as the CP5611)to connect.
Unfortunately, it seems Siemens protects the secrets of its converter cables very neatly. There are quite a few posts here on PPI and MPI converters, and none seem to have a solution besides buying the original Siemens products.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

I also found the new USB to MPI converter that Siemens has also allows comms on PPI to the S7-200. This is a lot more expensive than a PPI cable only. For me, since I use the entire range of S7s, it is worth it.

Ivan

Like Daniel said you need the cable... Siemens has two low end cables avaliable...
One for RS232 to PPI ( 6ES7901-3CB30-0XA0 )
or USB to PPI ( 6ES7901-3DB30-0XA0 )
They are plug and play with the MicroWin software...

Galic64

Are you talking about siemens multimaster cable?Can it be used for s7 200 and s7 300 programming?I wish to buy one ,my plc friends any comment about this cable?

Take the PC-Adapter (USB edition only). They ship them with a PPI driver
on CD. You need Microwin >= V4.0 to use this.