FTViewSE scroll bars.....

daba

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm testing an FTView SE application on a Windows 7 machine, and I've got scroll bars appearing for a display, but not initially.

The SE Client configuration is "Specify Client Window" at 1024 x 768, No Title Bar, etc.

The "opening" display, ironically called "Opening", sized at 1024 x 768, displays a 1024 x 768 bitmap (Top 0, Left 0), with some additional buttons. All appears normal, no scroll bars....

An operator logs in, and can go to the control screen, which is fine, but when the operator logs out, the "Opening" screen is redisplayed, but this time it has scroll bars.

I've done the usual setting of reducing Border Padding to 0, even tried running the PC in Windows Classic scheme, but the scroll bars keep coming....

Anyone know how to cure this, and why it is doing it ?

TIA

EDIT : I've tried reducing the bitmap size to 1020 x 764, and now the scroll bars appear when "Opening" is first displayed - totally confused as to why....

Last edited:
I have the same issue, intermittently. I have an FTView SE application where all clients have a status bar docked to the top, a navigation bar docked to the bottom, and the main displays appear in between. Some screens also call up an alarm banner, which is docked above the navigation bar but below the main displays - so those displays are smaller than the ones that do not call up the alarm banner.

When switching between a display with the alarm banner and one without (or vice versa) sometimes scroll bars will appear on the "main" display, in between the status bar and the alarm abnner/navigation bar. I can switch between screens of the same type (alarm banner/no alarm banner) as many times as I like and they won't go away. If I switch to a screen on the other type, they *might* go away. If you mash a few navigation buttons enough you'll eventually get it to go away.

Never found a solution, so I'm no help to you, but I'm hanging around in case someone else has! FWIW, my system is FTView SE Network Distributed v7, all machines are W7.