Simatic Net 2006 cp5611

Stephen D

Hi
I need some help!! Siemens Simatic Net 2006 cp5611 has been discontinued, I have a PC with a dodgy hard drive so looking to do a new install of xp but need a copy of the install for the Simatic Net. I can transfer the licence key over to the new hard drive. The problem is with a third party software (National Instruments NIDAQ runtime application) which cant be upgraded to Win7. Any ideas where I can get hold of a copy please.
Thanks Steve

You are looking for Profibus Softnet-S7 2008 (6GK1704-5CW71-3AA0).
this can no longer be purchased the normal way, but maybe if you contact Siemens Support it may be possible at a markup price.

If you still have the original software package with a floppy disk license, then you can get the license recovered. But you have to purchase a socalled "Service Card Premium" (9LF1110-6DA11-1AA1 for 1 support case) for Siemens Support to accept to help you recover the license for "legacy" software.

Thanks Jesper
I have a copy of 2008, its the disk I need for 2006, have tried Siemens but they just say its discontinued.
Cheers
Steve

Yes they say it is discontinued, but you can recover the license and install it on a new PC (with XP).
As I wrote you need to purchase one Premium Support (not expensive) and then contact Siemens Support.

You can also just install the software without a license.
You will then get nag-screens every now and then.

IMO that is perfectly legal, as long as you have the license certificate to prove you have purchased the software.