Pressure Sensor with Voltage output

QasimFSH

HI All,

Can anyone please recommend a few reliable pressure sensors, which can provide output in terms of voltages? My plc has built in analogue input slotw, which can accept 0-10v...Btw, I am using TM221CE16R.

Thank you.

Essentially, I have to measure the pressure of a water filled bucket, and evaporate water in order to see change of pressure.

Essentially, I have to measure the pressure of a water filled bucket, and evaporate water in order to see change of pressure.

Would a load cell to weigh the bucket not be easier, or is this another one of those wacky projects and ideas your boss has come up with that you "have" to do it this way ?

Added to that voltage? 4-20ma is way better - pretty immune to noise.

Put a 500 ohm resistor across the output of a 4-20 sensor, read it as 2-10VDC.

Or better yet, add the resistor at the plc input to avoid voltage drop, noise etc. This way is actually how many analog 4-20mA input cards handle the signal internally, with a high precision resistor.

Would a load cell to weigh the bucket not be easier, or is this another one of those wacky projects and ideas your boss has come up with that you "have" to do it this way ?

No real boundaries set by him at the moment, so its up to me. Can you recommend a few suitable models please? Also, its actually the weight of the Liquid inside the bucket I am concerned with, so that I can keep a track of its concentration.

Thanks.

How tall is your bucket?

I have used an electronic sensor from IFM to measure liquid in a drum about 3 feet tall with good success. At low head pressure, you need a sensitive instrument and onboard filtering is a good feature to include.

http://www.ifm.com/products/us/ds/PN2298.htm

Correct me if I am wrong, You have used this pressure sensor to measure the level of liquid? How much was this sensor for?

Correct me if I am wrong, You have used this pressure sensor to measure the level of liquid? How much was this sensor for?

I was measuring a liquid in a chemical drum (non-corrosive) with a specific gravity slightly higher than water (~1.2). There is a pump that pulses and causes some spikes on the suction line where the sensor port is fitted, but the signal filtering built into the sensor made that "noise" vanish.

Not sure I fully understand your last question...

The drum is about 40" tall, usually filled to at least 24"(60cm) of head pressure on the sensor.

The sensor cost about US $400

I was measuring a liquid in a chemical drum (non-corrosive) with a specific gravity slightly higher than water (~1.2). There is a pump that pulses and causes some spikes on the suction line where the sensor port is fitted, but the signal filtering built into the sensor made that "noise" vanish.

Not sure I fully understand your last question...

The drum is about 40" tall, usually filled to at least 24"(60cm) of head pressure on the sensor.

The sensor cost about US $400

So atm, its jus a flat bucket or container you may call it, that we are using for some experiments. There will be some liquid in the container, and we will heat it. I want to keep a track of the decrease in weight/pressure as the solution evaporates due to heating.