Brake Resistor on PF527 Drive

JBreeland

I've added an AB Powerflex external braking resistor to a PF527 VFD, but I'm not able to change the bus regulator action type in the "POWER" tab of the drive configuration. Everything below "Regenerative Power Limit" is grayed out and unavailable to change.

It's the same online and offline.

We have other 527 drives in the plant with braking resistors and some of them have the same options grayed out, yet others have the options fully available to edit. We haven't been able to identify any differences at this point between the drives that are letting us changes it and the ones that aren't.

The Rockwell Knowledgebase shows everything available for editing, so that hasn't been helpful, and the user manuals for the 527 drives also don't make any mention of this issue.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/456849

Anyone have experience with this?