How to communicate with plc through android

K37Vardan

Hello everyone,
I have few questions to ask.
1. what things (languages, protocols ) we need to learn to create a library like libnodave, moka7 etc?
2. What are the sources through which I can get the deep understanding of communication between plc and android?

Any sort of advice or help is appreciated
Thank you !!

By Following Points you can easily communicate with plc through android application:

1. Configure PLC
2. Use Timer Blocks
3. Make Terminal Connections
4. Develop mobile App
By above points you can communicate and if you want to grow more skills then you can join best plc training course.

thanks kritesh for your reply :nodi:
But I am actually interested in knowing how communication between mobile and plc works like protocol, interface etc

First thing you need is experience in computer programming, and then a good level with Java language(or Kotlin) and also with XML
And then experience with Android programming.
And then with sockets programming, and next with multithreading, communicating protocols etc. All of this prior to select if you use a specific library

Thanks, lfe for your response
I have good knowledge of computer programming. java, android programming, sockets, and multithreading
Can you please provide more details about communication protocol and other things?

Communication protocols there are many, I recommend you start with a simple one, for example Modbus/TCP, it is simple enough to implement it yourself without third-party libraries, just reading the protocol specification.

My own HMI Android App uses my own code for all the supported protocols, then I don't know much about third part libraries, I only can say that Moka7 works on Android but only gives partial access to Siemens Step 7 PLCs.

Many other free libraries available on the internet are not compatible with Android.