PLC Protocol

ssamir

Hi guys,

I am new to PLCs. We have CEGELEC CHANCE 2000 brand PLCs. These PLCs transmit data over thicknet LAN. Cogito is used for programming in PLC. Vendor gave some ISA slot based having AUI port nics. These nics are installed on PC and a program written on C language is run to capture the data. We dont know the protocol even. I want to know about the protocol of this PLC. There is no vendor support now.

1. What can be done in order to find out the protocol of PLC. 2. Secondly is it possible to change the protocol settings in PLC.
3. Generally what protocol normally PLC used to transmit the data.
4. How can I find the MAC address of this PLC. There is no information written on it.

I request all of you to share your expertise.

Thanks in advance.