RSLogix 5000 - Changing screen colors?

Softy

Hello all,
I like to change my screen colour options on the RSLogix ladder editor screen, from the default dark colors on white, to light colors on a black background (within the Options/ladder editor/font_color selections).
It's easier on the eyes, especially in low light levels.
I've done this, no problem, but when I open an addon instruction, and look at the logic within, the background changes from black to light grey, and I now can't see my instructions, etc. properly.

I can't find a way of changing the background colour within the addon instruction, can anyone help?

TIA

Add-on instruction definition displays are "greyed-out", so is ssfety task logic in safety applications... I'm guessing the default "greying-out" doesn't fit with your colour selections.

I have always recommended staying with the default colour schemes.

1. If more than 1 user uses the PC/laptop, what is sauce for the goose may not be sauce for the gander, and a game of ping-pong is started...

2. Everything in the default schemes has been tested so that nothing is unreadable...

3. If you have to use someone else's PC it will be familiar.

I am guilty to playing with alternative schemes, but that was a long, long, time age when I attempted to mirror the colour theme of the old DOS 6200 software. I think it lasted about 2 months before I had to use another programming PC, and since then I have never tried to tweak anything.

Last edited:
Is there still no way to change add-on instruction background color? Even with the latest releases of Logix 5000?

Totally agree with OP. Darker background is easier on the eyes. This should be a very simple fix for Rockwell.