Micrologix 1000 Analog Scaling

Tim Ganz

I need some help with scaling an analog input in an MicroLogix 1000 PLC with Analig IO. Its model # 1761-L20AWA-5A.

I have more of these machines to use as an example but the others are SLC processors and they are using the SCP instruction and it does not seem to be available in the Micrologix/ It has the SCL instruction but that does not appear to function like the SCP.

I have a set of load cells that are 0-1000 pounds and are 0-500mv as a set and they go into a signal conditioner that gives out a single 4-20ma signal to my analog input on the Micrologix 1000.

We have calibrade the signal conditioner and the analog inoput has a value to add of subtract from the analog input the move to the tension display but if you chnage that number so that it reads right at 1000 pounds it is way off when it should be zero. At zero load it's displating almost 400 pounds.

I think I need a way to calibrate the low 0 and the high 1000 pounds in the PLC Vs. just have a single offset fopr the analog value. I have not done any analog work at all and I really need some help.

The "SCL" instruction should work for you.

With a 4-20ma input this will give you 6241-31207 raw data values for your 0-1000 engineering unit data.

Set the Rate at 400
Set the offset at -249.

See pdf below for how to get these values.

I just learned something new. I didn't know the Micrologix 1000 doesn't have SCP instruction capability. Hmmm, I love learning stuff everyday.

It took me a minute to figure out the numbers you got there MICKEY. But I think I got it. I did get -250 for my offset, however? I was never great at math anyways.
icon10.gif