KEPServerEX 6 on Factorytalk studio

keristos

I am trying to communicated to a device through a KepserverEX 6 serve. I have FactoryTalk Studio running on the same computer.

I set up KepserverEx and I am seeing the data required on 'quick client' correctly.

I set up the OPC server on Factorytalk studio following the instructions here

I tried setting up a numeric tag in a display (again following the instructions on the pdf linked above) and when testing the display no data is being shown - just a blank numeric display box.

Troubleshooting:
1) I tried using FactoryTalk Live Data test client and I can see the data
2) When choosing the tag in Factorytalk if I right click on the tag -> Properties, it lists the value - which is correct. So I'm getting as far seeing the value inside Factorytalk but I cannot see the value in a numeric display.

Kepware Tag is set to 'Word' but I tried changing to a number of different types.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Last edited: