RSLogix Micro Starter Lite - How can I add a 1746-IB16 card into the IO config?

Ecnal

All:

If this is possible, I would like to add virtual a 1746-IB16 card into the IO configuration. I'm using the RSLogix Micro Starter Lite software. Currently I can only select from a list of 1762 cards using the MicroLogix 1100 Series B 1763 processor.

Reason: at school we are using RSLogix 500 with a 1747 processor and 1746 cards. I would like to be compatible to transfer written programs. Is this possible.

Ideas or direction are welcomed.

thanks
ecnal

Last edited:
You can't add 1746 IO to a MicroLogix 1100.
You can however add a 1762-IQ16 and the addressing will be similar. Then you can just export your PLC program as a .slc file and import the rungs back to your 1747 project.

Be aware there are a couple instructions available to the Micro1100s that don't exist in the SLCs if memory serves.

Thanks Dravik
I appreciate the response.

Do you or any members know if or where someone can obtain a free copy of RSLogix 500 or is that just not offered?

thanks
ecnal

I don't believe, outside of the starter edition, that a free version exists.

You may want to find out who the School's AB rep is, and ask about a potential 'student edition', They may have something available or be willing to help.

Then isn't posible to add in rslogix 5000 1746-ib16? iam converting a plc-5 projrct to a rslogix 5000 and i want to keep this remotes i/o digital and analog how can i cofigurate them?

Salaspelayo, that forum thread from last year was related to MicroLogix and SLC-500 controllers.

Your question is a little different; you are converting from SLC-500 to ControlLogix and want to migrate the existing I/O to a remote network adapter, probably the 1747-AENTR.

I would recommend starting with the SLC to CompactLogix Migration Guide, which focuses on slightly different platforms but has some information on using the 1747-AENTR.

And also get the User Manual for the network adapter: 1747-AENTR User Manual.

If you have specific questions about a PLC-5 system that was previously using SLC-500 I/O on RIO and migrating that combination to ControlLogix, please create a new topic thread and provide as much context and detail as you can.